PHOTO BOOTH FAQ
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED? WHAT AREAS DO YOU SERVICE?
• • • Fixated Photo Booth is based in San Diego, California. We travel throughout Southern California to accommodate all our clients. If you're located further, please email your details and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
SAN DIEGO, ORANGE COUNTY, RIVERSIDE COUNTY, LOS ANGELES.
WHY CHOOSE FIXATED PHOTO BOOTH?
• • • It is an open air/open space layout. With more room, you can fit as many as 2 to 10 people in a frame. We've seen more than 10 squeeze in but you get the idea! THE MORE, THE MERRIER! ;)
• • • We are an interactive, modernized photo booth with touch screen capabilities.
• • • We have AWESOME PROPS!!! We carry an assortment of custom made props to costume props that will surely bring out a good laugh. We also provide custom made prop services to match the theme of your event. Whether its a sweet 16 birthday, a company logo, or anniversary, we can try our very best to make it happen!
• • • Wide range of beautiful backdrops to choose from. A popular choice is the SEQUIN background. It SPARKLES beautifully in every photo captured! If you need a customized backdrop, we can make it happen. Drop us a line!
• • • INSTANT PRINTS! Woo-hoooo!!
• • • We provide high quality prints and digital copies. :)
• • • Fast turn-around time for delivery of photos.
• • • Overall, we really care about making our clients happy. We stand behind our customer service to provide you with an amazing photo booth experience.
WHAT IS A SOCIAL MEDIA KIOSK?
• • • Email yourself a digital copy of your photo at the event! Guests love the option of instantly sharing their photos on social media which is why the social media kiosk is a popular addition. The social media kiosk helps speed up the line so that all your guest get a chance to snap and share! Choose what you feel will be best for your event. If you need to customize your collection, let us know in the contact form. Emails used to send photos are private and discarded after every event.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BASIC PROPS + PREMIUM PROPS?
• • • Our basic props + premium props are both AMAZING and highly entertaining!
BASIC PROPS: Mainly custom made props on a stick and signs. [ Mustaches, Fun Phrases, Face Masks, Etc. ]
PREMIUM PROPS: Showstopper items that are actual costume pieces. [ Hats, Maracas, Sunglasses, Microphones/Gloves, Head Costumes from the likes of super heroes.]
CAN I PROVIDE MY OWN PROPS AND/OR BACKDROP?
• • • Yes + Yes! Our basic props + basic backdrops are complimentary. Let us know upon booking.
WILL MY PHOTOS HAVE WATERMARKS ON THEM? WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE?
• • • There are no watermarks on your templates/prints or when you order a USB/Instant Download. Watermarks will be on the online gallery when we provide you a link to your individual photos. The watermark is our logo you see on the top left corner of our website.
WHEN IS IT A GOOD TIME TO BOOK?
• • • Photo Booth inquiries come in all-year round. We have 2 units available and its based on a "first come first serve basis" when a contract is signed with a paid retainer fee. Our advice would be to contact us as soon as you know your event date to find out if we are available. We would love to work with you!
HOW DO I BOOK A PHOTO BOOTH?
• • • Click here to contact us.
- Contact us and tell us the details of your event. (Date, Time, Location, etc)
- We will contact you on the availability of your event date.
- If your date is available, a booking form will be sent to you to fill out so we can properly give you a quote.
- We send you a quote on your photo booth.
- Once approved, an invoice and contract will be sent to you.
- A retainer fee with a signed contract confirms your photo booth for your event.
MY EVENT IS OUTSIDE. CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE IT?
• • • Depending on the location, we do take on outdoor events and would need power supply. If there is no power supply, we can provide a generator for a small fee. :)
- We need access to a power supply in order to operate.
- Must be on a flat surface.
- For the safety of the equipment and guests around, the photo booth cannot sit directly under the Sun. Heated equipment and washed out photos are no fun. :( Under a shaded area is highly recommended. We can also provide canopy tent rentals.
- We would not be able to accommodate events on or near sand as it will possibly get onto our equipment. :(
WHAT TYPE OF PAYMENT DO YOU ACCEPT?
• • • VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS, CHECKS, VENMO, MONEY ORDERS, CASH are all acceptable forms of payment.
WHAT IS THE PAYMENT PROCESS? RETAINER FEE? DO YOU OFFER A PAYMENT PLAN?
• • • 50% Retainer Fee to book your event.
• • • The remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the date of your event.
• • • If you need to pay a small portion at a time, please email us and we can try to work something out for you.
WHAT IF I NEED TO CANCEL? DO I GET A REFUND?
• • • We know sometimes last minute changes occur or unforeseen things may happen so we offer a complete refund ONLY with an ADVANCED 2 MONTH NOTICE.
>> 1 MONTH CANCELLATION NOTICE: 50% Refund
>> 2 WEEK CANCELLATION NOTICE: 30% Refund
>> 1 WEEK CANCELLATION NOTICE: 20% Refund
>> WEEK OF EVENT CANCELLATION NOTICE: 10% Refund
WHAT IS IDLING TIME?
This is not considered setup time. There is no charge for setup or breakdown. Please read below what idling time is.
• • • 1st Example: Photo Booth is set to operate at 7pm but you want the photo booth to be set up and ready at 5pm to avoid distracting the festivities. This means we would arrive at 4pm to setup (No charge on setup), finish at 5pm and OPEN at 7pm. You would be charged 2 hours of Idle Time.
• • • 2nd Example: You put the photo booth into idle time when the guests is less likely to use it (Ex: Dinner, Performance, etc) and then continue the photo booth service later in the evening to maximize use of your booth. This charge is to pay our attendant for the longer stay.
Idle time charge is $50/Hr
DO YOU CHARGE A TRAVELING FEE?
• • • San Diego County - FREE • • • All other counties will incur a small fee for traveling.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO SETUP THE PHOTO BOOTH?
• • • We need to unload, park, then begin setting up. Setup time ranges at a minimum of ONE hour and it may take up to TWO hours depending. If a customized backdrop is ordered, it will require at least TWO hours to build and set up.
HOW MUCH SPACE DOES THE PHOTO BOOTH NEED?
• • • At LEAST 8 x 8. • • • A 10 x 10 would be great.
HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN FIT INTO ONE PHOTO?
• • • We've seen a group of 10 squeeze and succeed! Anything is possible! ;)
WHAT ABOUT POWER?
• • • We would need access to a power outlet. If there is none, we can provide a generator for a small fee.
DO YOUR PROVIDE TABLES?
• • • Normally, a table is provided by the client at their venue. We will ask you in advance if one is provided by your venue. If there is no table provided, we can provide one. (No extra cost for ONE table.)
CAN WE MOVE THE PHOTO BOOTH INTO 2 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS?
• • • The photo booth stays in one spot during an event. We may face complications if we move the whole system as is. If the photo booth needs to be moved, there is an extra charge for time, breakdown and setup.
CAN WE ADD OUR COMPANY LOGO OR NAMES TO THE PRINT DESIGN?
• • • Yes! Of course! Custom design prints are included.
HOW DOES THE DESIGN TEMPLATE WORK? CAN I PROVIDE YOU ONE? HOW MANY CAN I HAVE?
• • • One design template per event. The design template is created by our graphic designer. Please provide us what layout, theme, text content you would like on your template and we will create one for you. We allow up to 2 complimentary revisions upon finalizing your design. If there is more than 2 revisions, there is an additional charge of $20/a revision.
WHEN WILL MY PHOTOS BE AVAILABLE?
• • • Please allow up to 5 days for the ONLINE gallery (With watermarks).
• • • If your order comes with a USB, it will be mailed out in a week after your event. (No watermarks included.) You can also choose to do an instant download of your gallery. Same high quality.
WHAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE USB/Instant Download?
• • • You will receive ALL the photos with NO WATERMARKS.
WHAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ONLINE GALLERY?
• • • You will receive a link to view ALL the photos. (You can share this link to all your guests.) These photos are web-based only with our watermark. (If you would like higher quality images with no watermarks, you can add a USB/Instant Download to your order.)
• • • Online Gallery will be posted online on our Facebook Page or Website Page with a web link. You may choose either/or.
• • • If you prefer a private link, there is a $50 fee.
WHAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE VIDEO SLIDESHOW?
• • • You will receive a professionally edited video of ALL the images captured. Music and introduction page included! (No watermarks on images. Our logo/info will be incorporated at the end.)
DOES EVERY GUEST RECEIVE A PHOTO? UNLIMITED PRINT OPTION?
• • • Instant Prints are included. One photo per guest within a session. We will print accordingly. Sometimes large groups of guests end up not taking their photos due to all the excitement going on. We end up with leftovers with no homes for them to go to...So we end up recycling. In order to provide affordable prices with prints, we take extra precaution so that paper is not wasted.
• • • Fixated Photo Booth provides instant prints per event up to 400 prints with a guest count up to 200. (Paper provided is more than plenty for a wedding up to 200 guests.) For events larger than 200 guests, Fixated Photo Booth provides 400 prints with the option to purchase more paper before or during the event. The client understands there is a charge for additional paper if the 400 prints provided runs out. In the case that a new roll is needed, Fixated Photo Booth will ask for approval from the client first before billing. $150 per roll of paper. (200 prints/roll)
WHAT IF SOMEONE TAKES AN INAPPROPRIATE PICTURE?
• • • Unfortunately, we can't control the nature of what happens in the photos. However, we will respect the client/host and make the better judgement before adding it to your online gallery. If you do see a photo in your gallery that you would like to take down, please inform us and we will take it down.
CAN I BOOK A PHOTO BOOTH FOR DIGITAL PHOTO COPIES ONLY? (NO PRINTS INVOLVED)
• • • Yes, you can book a photo booth package WITHOUT any prints. Take as many photos as you want! All images are posted in an online gallery with watermarks. You can add a social media kiosk to your order if you'd like to get a copy of the photo templates instantly. Individual photos will be available in the online gallery.
WHY ARE THE PREMIUM BACKDROPS AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE?
• • • Premium backdrops are sequin or pattern type backdrops. They add that extra SPARKLE + GLAM to your photos! Basic backdrops are solid colors with limited choices. (Example: Black, White, Gray)
The premiums are made of high quality materials that have a weight to it. In addition, our sequins take quite a while to setup, adjust, and break down. Our clients love, love, love the extra flare it gives to their photos.
DO YOU HAVE LIABILITY INSURANCE?
• • • Indeed, we do!
ARE YOU AFFILIATED WITH FIXATED CONCEPTS?
• • • YUP! Fixated Photo Booth is the sister company to Fixated Concepts.
Fixated Concepts is a wedding and lifestyle photography and graphic design service. Check it out here.